Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Good Friends & Good Times

This week has been great. It's been so nice to be away from the hospital and home with my family. Over all I've felt pretty good. Tired and not a lot of energy...but that was expected. The chemo wiped out my lymphocytes, so it's harder for my body to fight off infections now. luckily, I haven't gotten sick and I've done really well.
I had a clinic appointment Monday for labs and a dressing change, and we met with Dr.Adams, another transplant doctor. She said everything looked great and my counts were good, so it was a positive visit. We got everything set in place for tomorrow (Thursday). I'll be admitted tomorrow, then start chemo Friday. The chemo they're starting is called Fludarabine. I'll be on high doses of that until next Tuesday, then on Wednesday they will start a different chemo called Melphalan. That will just go on for that day. These chemo's will cause mouth sores, fevers, vomiting...etc. Definitely not looking forward to that. My Dr. said my hair will start falling out within two weeks. Right now I'm ok with the whole "hair loss" thing, but I'm sure when it actually starts happening it will be difficult. Thankfully there's beanies ;) I'll have two days of rest, then August 23 will be my transplant birthday. I'll receive my new bone marrow. It will be an amazing day.  

People ask me how I'm feeling about all this and my thoughts on it, and I usually say "fine" or "ok" but honestly I'm terrified. Not many things scare me and I can usually handle a lot of things, but I'm absolutely terrified. There's so many "what if's" and so much scary to transplant. That's just the truth of it. But at the same time, I'm excited. Excited for the future, excited for hopefully one day being healthy. There's so many things I want to do that right now I just can't, so I'm excited for that day when I CAN do anything I set my mind to.
#KinCanKickIt
...
 
On a happy note, The other night the two sweetest boys, Hayden and Tyson showed up at the apartments with their heads shaved in support of me. It was a total surprise!! I came out of the room and saw their bald heads and almost started to cry...I have the coolest friends EVER! THANK YOU guys! Along with them my friends and family had made this week so great. I love you guys so much!
 
P.S. I might have a very Pink surprise coming soon :)
 
 
XOXO, Kin 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment