Sunday, July 20, 2014

7 days in a nutshell

Beach, beach, San Diego Zoo, beach, Sea World, ice cream, madi, best friends & family, beach….that was my week. And it was THE BEST WEEK EVER!!
We spent the week in San Diego with the Jobe family as a last get away before transplant. We had the BEST time with lots of laughs. It was so good to be able to get away and relax. I sort of forgot all of the crazy things going on back here in AZ! I'm so so grateful for the jobes and my family for making that trip possible…I love you guys more than you even know!! BEST TRIP EVER!!! Here's my week in pics: 







While on our trip, transplant called. That's not usually the greatest sign, especially in this case. We got some news that was pretty hard to hear and very very frustrating. Dr. Douglas told us that the donor she had chosen, you know the one in the military, may not be able to donate his marrow. They think because of his location(which I don't know where that is) he may be ineligible…and also because he got a tattoo in December it might be risky. People who just got tattoos have to usually wait about a year before they can donate blood or marrow. So where does this leave us? Well, I won't be admitted on the 28th anymore, now that they have to do more testing on the donor or find a new one. This pushes things back for I don't know how long. We're kind of back to the waiting game…and that is very disappointing and frustrating to me. Mentally, I was prepared for July 28th…I was ready to get this show on the road, but that's not how it's supposed to be i guess. The lord has a better plan, and hopefully they will be able to find another donor quickly (luckily I have other donors). I am hopeful, and although it's not what "I" wanted, it's all gonna work out how it's supposed to. I will make sure to keep all of you updated on this process…in the meantime please pray that my doctor will be able to get another healthy donor very soon.

Thanks everyone for all the love and support!!
#Kincankickit

XOXO, Kin

No comments:

Post a Comment