Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving

  


  Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! I hope everyone has had a great day, full of family and yummy food. I sure did.  Today has been a really great day for me, I've been overwhelmed with gratitude and just so thankful for a lot of things. The holidays bring back a lot of emotion for me, because this time two years ago I was so so sick and still fighting for my life. I remember sitting in that hospital room on Thanksgiving day with my sweet family and just wishing I could eat all of the yummy food, but I was so nauseous. But here I am two years later, celebrating, eating yummy food, still having hard things, but celebrating life and celebrating being thankful for so many things, it's really the little things. I think of my donor today, because without him I wouldn't be here with my family. I am so thankful for my selfless family, who shared that hospital room with me all those months, and endured all the pain and trial that I have been through with me. They are fighters. I am thankful for TRUE friends, although there are very few, I am grateful for those who have stayed close by and who have helped me through the most difficult of times. I am thankful for the people I have met along the way who have shaped me and matured me, who have given me so many opportunities. I am thankful for so many things, but I am most thankful for my savior Jesus Christ and for his everlasting love and for his atoning sacrifice for us. There is so much to be grateful for this holiday season.

     On a lighter note...I am also thankful for cute clothes! lol Thankfully Lizard Thicket's gotcha covered for the holiday's. This look is one of my FAVORITES! It's so chic and this vest and sweater are so warm. I personally think the color is great too. The fur adds an element of fun while still having that sophistication. And pairing this look with your favorite pair of boots will finish off the look. Lizard Thicket in Dana Park will fulfil ALL of your holiday needs...from  great Black Friday shopping, to amazing holiday dresses, they have it all. Make sure you guys stop by!

http://www.shoplizardthicket.com/


...
     Since I didn't update you all on my health last post I'll update you all now. This past week/ month some big changes were made and a lot has happened. To start off, my ECP treatments have been moved to once a month. It's a great thing because I'm going down on the treatment, but kind of sad because my absolute favorite nurses are in there and I'll miss them...kinda sad I know! I'll find an excuse to go see them haha! Another big thing, ok HUGE thing for me, I got hearing aids. I was really indenile for a long time that I couldn't hear very well and because of all my medications and the effects of chemo, my hearing has decreased quiet a bit. They will get some getting used to but, I think they will be a good thing in the long run. And plus...They're Bluetooth so my phone and music connects to them.
     About a week ago I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy for some ongoing stomach issues. We were suspecting GVHD again unfortunately, and we were right. I'm going to be starting an intense treatment called Rheutuximab and hopefully it will combat this. We've exhausted all our other options...ex. steroids, ecp..etc.. and I'm still doing both. We'll see. I'm not giving up. They're hoping this will help my platelet issue too. My platelets still aren't producing normally and they are possibly thinking GVHD might be affecting my platelets too. This treatment will take about 8 hours.
     Although this all gets tiring, I'm still hopeful and I still have so much to be grateful for. Thank you for being apart of my journey, each of you. Sending my love!



XOXO, KIN
















1 comment: